Recipes

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Yay for Blogging!

I finally have a blog of my own! Who knew setting up a blog site was so easy?! Had I only known sooner...

Anyway, onto the things that God has been doing in my life...
Today I was feeling quite discouraged. The job that I work at has been quite stressful for the past several months. We relocated our main campus, and much of the process has been fraught with calamity after calamity. The devil definitely was attacking full force.

I will say, though, that things have started to look up. We finally passed all our inspections and have obtained approval for occupancy from the city in which we reside. Yay! So, now even though we don't have a lot of things completed in the building, we are allowed to be open to the public. Considering I work for a crisis pregnancy center that I am extremely passionate about, I am thrilled (along with the rest of the staff) to actually be doing work that is in alignment with our ministry's mission ...instead of painting and pulling up carpet. :0)

Despite the major strides that we have made just in the past few weeks, I was still so discouraged when I went in to work today. Perhaps it was because we are still without trim on our doorways and my desk is in about 5 seperate pieces at this point. I just want to be done! I want to put the construction behind me and go full throttle into serving our clients. Yet that seems so difficult when day after day we do our work in a quasi-construction zone.

Then the Lord reminded me of a vision He gave me a couple of weeks ago....I was riding in the car with my husband, and we decided to take some time to just listen to God. Not quite sure what to expect from the Lord, I chose to meditate on a picture of Jesus in my mind until God showed me something. After a few minutes, a very strong image appeared in my mind. It was a picture of Jesus, hanging on the cross, being beaten by the Romans. There was activity about Him, but all was silent, and He was looking right at me. His gaze was peaceful yet penetrating. It was like He was saying, "I know your struggles. I know where you've been, and I know what it means to hurt. But even in the worst situation, I am your peace. Be still and know that I have already conquered the enemy."

So even though I am still working in a stressful environment, and things are not just as I would have them, I can trust that God has things under control. He knows the toll that this has taken on me emotionally, physically, and spiritually, and He continues to sustain me. He is my strength! Without Jesus, I don't know where I'd be after all this building related hooplah. On our own, we will fail, but with Christ we are able to do things beyond the natural limits.

No comments: